Cemu emulator for Mac
- System requirements
- Last update
- How to install
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other versions
Cemu is the world’s first functional experimental closed source Nintendo Wii U emulator written in C#, compatible with Mac OS devices.
At this point Cemu emulator can already be considered highly optimized and possible future optimizations will only arrive in small and incremental steps.
For Cemu emulator, the single CPU performance of your CPU (and by extension RAM speed) is the most important factor for fullspeed emulation.
This emulator include also game pad support:
- Currently the DRC (GamePad), Pro Controller and Classic Controller is emulated
- Wiimotes are emulated as well (including native support)
- Keyboard input + USB controllers as input devices are supported
- GamePad touch input can be controlled via left mouse click
- Gyro functionality is emulated with limitations and can be controlled via right mouse button
Keep in mind that emulation always comes with overhead and requires a higher performance system than the emulated system.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application:
|OS||OS X 10.14 (or newer)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||6 GB (8 GB recommended)|
|GPU||Intel Iris Pro 1536 (or higher)|
|Storage||32 MB (or more)|
The performance may vary depending on hardware configuration, so you must comply with the recommended requirements to run the app with the best experience on your device.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
This version implements the following features:
- The ‘Accurate barriers’ option for Vulkan is now enabled by default. You can still disable it manually to get extra performance, but be aware that it will cause occasional flickering graphics
- Fixed several bugs where Cemu sometimes wouldn’t be able to locate a title stored in a game path
- Fixed rumble not working
- H264 decoder now supports multiple parallel decoding sessions. Fixes menu videos getting stuck or causing crashes in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Improved accuracy of emulated filesystem. Fixes crashing and deadlocks in Yoshi’s Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Hyrule Warriors
- Title Manager: Game file integrity check now works for .wua titles
- Improved accuracy of error code handling for Nintendo system services. Allows for more precise online error codes than the generic “106-0502”
- Various compatibility improvements for niche titles like The Voice, Jewel Quest, Tiny Galaxy and many more
- Vulkan: Added support for LINE_LOOP primitive. Mostly used by homebrew or mods
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application
This guide/tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to install Cemu emulator on Mac?
- How to play Nintendo Wii U games on macOS?
- Can I run Nintendo Wii U emulator on Mac?
- How to download Cemu emulator macOS?
- Is Cemu emulator safe?
- Is there a Nintendo Wii U emulator for Mac?
- Is Cemu emulator legal?
This application may be compatible with the following operating system: