Orbital emulator for iOS
- System requirements
- Last update
- How to install
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other versions
Orbital is an open-source virtualization-based PS4 emulator project written in C# for iOS (iPhone and iPad).
This is the first and the only PS4 emulator which allows you to play Play Station 4 games on mobile devices.
It can runs most of the PS4 exclusive titles on high-end smartphones with some bugs/glitches as it is still in beta.
Orbital emulator use the built-in frame-limiter to speed up or slow down the game for rapid grinding or passing through difficult areas.
You can now play PS4 games on iOS at variable frame rates with a smooth experience as most of the titles can now run at 60 FPS and beyond.
The software performance is primarily determined by graphics memory and shader clock speed.
The advanced settings menu lets users tune in-game resolution, add post-processing effects, and extend visual enhancement features.
Orbital emulator uses SPIR-V for hardware-accelerated virtualization – it is a low-level shader language used in the Vulkan graphics API.
The program is driving graphical output by fully emulating the Snapdragon GPU via the Vulkan backend and recompiling GCN bytecode to SPIR-V.
The current state of Orbital at booting decrypted kernels can be followed in the issue tracker: both PS4 4.55 and PS4 5.00 have been tested.
There will be frequent releases which you can get from the downloads section.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application:
|OS||iOS 11 (or newer)|
|Device||iPhone X+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Storage||128 MB (or more)|
The performance may vary depending on hardware configuration, so you must comply with the recommended requirements to run the app with the best experience on your device.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
This version implements the following features:
- Added support for decrypted kernel images
- Implemented Liverpool GC/Starsha
- Implemented IH ringbuffer
- Implemented Command Processor
- Added guest debugging to HAXM
- Added AMD MSR support to HAXM
- Added required CPU features support to HAXM
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
This guide/tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to install Orbital emulator on iOS?
- How to play PS4 games on iPhone?
- Can I run PS4 emulator on iOS?
- How to download Orbital emulator on iPhone?
- Is Orbital emulator safe?
- Is there a PS4 emulator for iOS?
- Is Orbital emulator legal?
This application may be compatible with the following operating system: