RPCS3 emulator for Android
- System requirements
- Last update
- How to install
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other versions
RPCS3 is a multi-platform open-source Sony Play Station 3 emulator and debugger written in Java compatible with Android OS devices.
The purpose of RPCS3 emulator project is to completely and accurately emulate the Sony Play Station 3 Computer Entertainment System in its entirety with the power of open-source community and reverse engineering.
The developers goal is to preserve the legacy of the Play Station 3 hardware and its vast library by bringing it and its exclusives to the mobile platform.
The team want to achieve this by targeting and supporting multiple operating systems as well as being compatible with a wide range of smartphone hardware with realistic requirements.
The project was founded by programmers DH and Hykem in May of 2011.
RPCS3 emulator was first hosted on Google Code and was eventually migrated to GitHub later on in its development.
The emulator’s first successful game boot were primarily composed of smaller homebrew projects and focused hardware tests.
The emulator was later publicly released in June of 2012 for PC and gained substantial attention from both the open-source community and Play Station enthusiasts alike.
Today, RPCS3 emulator is co-developed by two new developers, Nekotekina and kd-11 in tandem with an amazing team of GitHub contributors.
The project is currently maintained and organized by a unique cast of characters, all with meaningful roles to contribute to different aspects of the project.
Whether it’s working on the emulator directly, coordinating community efforts or even keeping this very website current, everyone plays a role that adds to the bigger picture.
Internal team members aren’t the only contributors; a lot of the progress made in making Play Station 3 emulation possible on smartphones is thanks to the many developers they’ve received contributions from in their GitHub community.
While many developers do come and go, they do welcome anyone and everyone who is interested in improving the codebase.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application:
|OS||Android 10 (or newer)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||6 GB (8 GB recommended)|
|GPU||Adreno 540 (or higher)|
|Storage||64 MB (or more)|
The performance may vary depending on hardware configuration, so you must comply with the recommended requirements to run the app with the best experience on your device.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
This version implements the following features:
- Improve SPU/PPU LLVM recompiler compatibility, add more optimizations
- Implement parametrized PPU/SPU Interpreters reusing current LLVM IR generator, remove original hard-coded interpreters and make LLVM mandatory
- Make journaling VFS layer or something that fits, properly implementing some missing features like case sensitivity
- Fix any remaining RSX regressions
- Fix surface cache leaks
- Merge RCB+RDB and WCB+WDB and make the new ‘Read Buffers’ option enabled by default
- Rework RSX <-> Cell synchronization framework to be more cohesive
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
- Download file on the link button
- Open a File manager
- Select the folder containing the downloaded file
- Open the file .apk
- Press install button
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://wew.fexod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://www.fexod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app
This guide/tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to install RPCS3 emulator on Android?
- How to play PS3 games on Android?
- Can I run PS3 emulator on Android?
- How to download RPCS3 emulator APK?
- Is RPCS3 emulator safe?
- Is there a PS3 emulator for Android?
- Is RPCS3 emulator legal?
This application may be compatible with the following operating system:
|Mac OS||Not aviable|