fpPS4 emulator for PC Windows
- System requirements
- Last update
- How to install
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other versions
fpPS4 is an open source PS4 emulator project written in C++ for PC, compatible with Windows desktop devices.
This software is compatibility layer for the PS4 developed by red-prig.
The goal of this emulator is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of emulation of modern devices and operating systems.
fpPS4 first public demo was the first to launch Play Station 4 commercial games.
It recompiles all the shaders, untiling all the textures and upload all the buffers every frame, making it less efficient.
All information is obtained via reverse engineering of legally purchased devices and games and information made public on the internet.
Releases are currently tested by our team on desktop computer with:
- GPU: Nvidia GTX1080
- CPU: Intel Core i7 with octa-core 2.5 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
It uses OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX 12 as its back-end API renderers and runs most of the PS4 exclusives on high-end machines with some glitches as it is still in beta.
There will be frequent releases which you can grab from the download section.
fpPS4 is capable of many great things, thanks to the developers and supporters who are contributing to this PS4 emulator project.
The team are still on a long road to achieve good emulation performance, but they are working hard to make the best Play Station 4 titles playable.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application:
|OS||Windows 7 (or newer)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||8 GB (12 GB recommended)|
|GPU||GTX 1080 (or higher)|
|Storage||128 MB (or more)|
The performance may vary depending on hardware configuration, so you must comply with the recommended requirements to run the app with the best experience on your device.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
This version implements the following features:
- Statically linked binary with no dependencies except GL and SDL2
- Additional rightstick keys for laptop keyboards
- Support simple compute shader, compute ring, cube maps
- Use Direct Input to emulate pad
- Improved RAM management system (for Windows 10 only)
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on a folder
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe as administrator
- Press install button
- Launch the software
- Read the other instructions on the .txt file
This guide/tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to install fpPS4 emulator on Windows?
- How to play PS4 games on Windows?
- Can I run PS4 emulator on Windows?
- How to download fpPS4 emulator PC?
- Is fpPS4 emulator safe?
- Is there a PS4 emulator for PC?
- Is fpPS4 emulator legal?
This application may be compatible with the following operating system:
|Mac OS||Not aviable|