Citra MMJ emulator for PC Windows
- System requirements
- Last update
- How to install
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other versions
Citra MMJ for PC is an experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++ compatible with Windows OS devices.
Citra emulator is written with portability in mind, with builds actively maintained for computer desktop devices.
This applications emulates a subset of 3DS hardware and therefore is useful for running/debugging homebrew applications, and it is also able to run many commercial games.
The name of Citra is derived from CTR, which is part of the model number of the original Nintendo 3DS.
Some of these do not run at a playable state, but we are working every day to advance the project forward.
Citra emulator has an active team of open-source developers; over 150 people have worked hard on the project since its founding in 2014.
All Pokemon games now work properly; Pokemon X/Y now runs properly with HLE audio as well as LLE audio.
You can expect many games to run slowly, though and to exhibit some gameplay and graphical glitches.
If you’re interested in 3DS emulation as an experiment, you may gain something out of trying Citra.
Citra emulator can run most games at variable speed, depending on your hardware configuration.
However, not all games are created equally and therefore some games will run at full speed while others might suffer from slow emulation; you may also experience some slowdowns.
On Citra emulator certain games, animated particle effects (such as smoke, fire, trails, etc.) or text may not render properly, showing up instead as a jumbled mess of triangles, sometimes covering large parts of the screen.
This is caused by a missing feature in our GPU support (Geometry Shaders) which is used by games to render these kind of effects.
Citra emulator is licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version); refer to the license.txt file included.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application:
|OS||Windows 7 (or newer)|
|CPU||Octa core 2.0 GHz (or higher)|
|RAM||8 GB (12 GB recommended)|
|GPU||GTX 1080 (or higher)|
|Storage||32 MB (or more)|
The performance may vary depending on hardware configuration, so you must comply with the recommended requirements to run the app with the best experience on your device.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
This version implements the following features:
- Implements a GPU shader cache, which improves performance and reduces framerate “stuttering”
- Fixes various GPU related crashes
- Merges latest fixes & improvements from upstream Citra
- Added compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on high-end devices)
- Support for external gamepads
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
All the updates have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
- Download the .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive on a folder
- Select the folder containing the extracted file
- Open the file .exe as administrator
- Press install button
- Launch the software
- Read the other instructions on the .txt file
This guide/tutorial answers the following questions:
- How to install Citra MMJ emulator on PC?
- How to play Nintendo 3DS games on Windows?
- Can I run Nintendo 3DS emulator on PC?
- How to download Citra MMJ emulator for PC?
- Is Citra MMJ emulator safe?
- Is there a Nintendo 3DS emulator for Windows?
- Is Citra MMJ emulator legal?
This application may be compatible with the following operating system:
|Mac OS||Not aviable|